PUK and KDP Release Joint StatementP.U.K 05:05 PM - 2023-07-30
PUK and KDP meeting.
In the presence of Bafel Jalal Talabani, President of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), the PUK and the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) Political Bureaus met in Dabashan, Sulaymaniyah, on Sunday, July 30, 2023.
After the meeting, KDP-PUK issued the following final statement:
The political bureaus of the PUK and the KDP met in Dabashan. Following a discussion of the situation in the region in general, and in Iraq and Kurdistan in particular, both parties emphasized the importance of protecting the Kurdistan Region's structure and constitutional rights, as well as using all available resources to combat threats to citizens' livelihoods and address issues.
Both parties agreed on the following guidelines in order to further intensify our efforts:
1. Both parties are in favor of holding Kurdistan Parliamentary elections at the time that the President of the Kurdistan Region decides after consulting with the political parties in the Kurdistan Region.
2. To better serve the Kurdish people in all aspects, we must set aside trifling issues and disagreements and focus on resolving problems collectively.
3. We decided to continue the process of reorganizing the Peshmerga forces.
4. Both parties agreed to support the agreements reached during the ninth cabinet of the Kurdistan Regional Government.
5. We resolved to continue our bilateral talks and cooperation with all parties with a Kurdish and patriotic attitude to get closer together, combat difficulties, and conquer obstacles.
Iraqi First Lady Visits Soz Mental Hospital
10:25 PM - 2023-12-04
UNAMI: UNDP Wishes Iraq a Successful COP28
11:51 AM - 2023-12-04
Sulaymaniyah Hosts Martyr Captain Mohammed Latif Award Ceremony
11:18 AM - 2023-12-04
Iraq President Meets UN Secretary-General, WFP Executive Director
09:27 AM - 2023-12-03
P.U.K 02:57 PM - 2023-12-07 President Bafel: PUK is in Favor of Fair Elections Being Held on Time
President Bafel: The Law Must Be a Real Guardian of Each Community's Rights in Iraq
10:34 PM - 2023-12-06
PUK President Meets Iraqi Prime Minister
05:26 PM - 2023-12-06
PUK is Striving to Secure Petrodollars for Oil-Rich Areas
10:48 AM - 2023-12-05
First International Conference Titled "Women in the Mirror of Society & History" Takes Place in Sulaymaniyah
Kurdistan 01:14 PM - 2023-12-07
President Bafel: PUK is in Favor of Fair Elections Being Held on Time
P.U.K 02:57 PM - 2023-12-07