U.S. President Confirms Iran's Key Nuclear Sites 'Obliterated' by U.S. Airstrikes
World 09:14 AM - 2025-06-22
Reuters
U.S. President Donald Trump.
President Donald Trump announced late on Saturday, 21 June 2025, that United States forces had struck Iran’s three principal nuclear sites, warning Tehran that it would face further devastating attacks if it did not agree to peace.
"The strikes were a spectacular military success," President Trump said in a televised address. "Iran's key nuclear enrichment facilities have been completely and totally obliterated."
In a speech lasting just over three minutes, President Trump said Iran's future held "either peace or tragedy," and there were many other targets that could be hit by the U.S. military.
"If peace does not come quickly, we will go after those other targets with precision, speed and skill," he said.
The U.S. reached out to Iran diplomatically on Saturday to say the strikes are all the U.S. plans and it does not aim for regime change, CBS News reported.
The U.S. President said U.S. forces struck Iran's three principal nuclear sites: Natanz, Isfahan and Fordow. He told Fox News' Sean Hannity show that six bunker-buster bombs were dropped on Fordow, while 30 Tomahawk missiles were fired against other nuclear sites.
In response to the U.S. attacks, Iranian Foreign Minister said on X: "The United States, a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, has committed a grave violation of the UN Charter, international law and the NPT by attacking Iran's peaceful nuclear installations."
"The events this morning are outrageous and will have everlasting consequences. Each and every member of the UN must be alarmed over this extremely dangerous, lawless and criminal behavior," he added. "In accordance with the UN Charter and its provisions allowing a legitimate response in self-defense, Iran reserves all options to defend its sovereignty, interest, and people."
U.S. B-2 bombers were involved in the strikes, a U.S. official told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity.
"A full payload of BOMBS was dropped on the primary site, Fordow," Trump posted on Truth Social. "Fordow is gone."
Earlier on Saturday, Reuters reported the movement of B-2 bombers, which are capable of carrying large ordnance necessary to strike Fordow, a site buried beneath a mountain south of Tehran. Due to its fortifications, it may take several days or longer to assess the full impact of the attacks.
An Iranian official, quoted by the Tasnim news agency, confirmed that part of the Fordow site had been targeted by “enemy airstrikes.”
However, Mohammad Manan Raisi, a lawmaker from Qom near Fordow, told the semi-official Fars news agency that the facility had not sustained serious damage.
Iranian media cited Iran’s nuclear authority as stating there were no signs of contamination following the attacks and no danger to nearby residents.
Hassan Abedini, deputy political head of Iran’s state broadcaster, said the three sites had been evacuated some time ago.
“The enriched uranium reserves had been transferred from the nuclear centres and there are no materials left there that, if targeted, would cause radiation and be harmful to our compatriots,” he told the channel.
The strikes occurred amid more than a week of aerial combat between Israel and Iran, resulting in casualties on both sides. Israel launched these attacks on Iran with the stated aim of eliminating any possibility of Tehran developing nuclear weapons. Conversely, Iran maintains that its nuclear programme is solely for peaceful purposes156.
PUKMEDIA
More news
-
European Parliament Member Calls for Continued Humanitarian Aid to Rojava
01:55 PM - 2026-02-21 -
CDO, Sulaymaniyah University Delegation Conclude Field Visit to Historic Shu’aibiya Monument in Basra
11:53 AM - 2026-02-21 -
North Oil Company Says Kirkuk Gas Compression Station Fire Under Control
10:26 AM - 2026-02-21 -
U.S. President to Visit China Amid Supreme Court Tariff Ruling
09:31 AM - 2026-02-21
see more
P.U.K 01:32 PM - 2026-02-21 PUK President: We Promise to Work to Strengthen the Kurdish Language in Every Sphere
Deputy PM: Our Mission has Shifted from Preserving Kurdish Language to Developing It
11:28 AM - 2026-02-21
International Mother Language Day Highlights Urgent Need to Protect Linguistic Diversity
09:56 AM - 2026-02-21
Fahmi Burhan: District Status Change of Jalawla Is Unconstitutional
10:34 PM - 2026-02-20
PUK's Saadi Ahmed Pire Meets Swedish Left Party Delegation in Erbil
08:02 PM - 2026-02-20
Most read
-
The Battle for the Mind: Cultural Independence in a Changing Middle East
Opinions 12:10 PM - 2026-02-20 -
Kremlin Says Russia–Japan Relations “Reduced to Zero” Amid Territorial Dispute
World 02:05 PM - 2026-02-20 -
Only One Bakery Can Operate As Kobani Siege Continues
Kurdistan 05:05 PM - 2026-02-20 -
U.S. President Directs Government to Prepare Release of Aliens and UFOs Files
World 12:20 PM - 2026-02-20 -
PUK's Saadi Ahmed Pire Meets Swedish Left Party Delegation in Erbil
P.U.K 08:02 PM - 2026-02-20 -
Fahmi Burhan: District Status Change of Jalawla Is Unconstitutional
Kurdistan 10:34 PM - 2026-02-20 -
U.S. President to Visit China Amid Supreme Court Tariff Ruling
World 09:31 AM - 2026-02-21 -
UK Foreign Secretary to Meet Rubio Amid Renewed U.S. Criticism Over Chagos Deal
World 05:42 PM - 2026-02-20





.jpg)
Application

