SDF Accuses Interim Government of Violating Aleppo Agreement

World 12:22 PM - 2026-01-17
The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF)'s logo. ANHA

The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF)'s logo.

Syria SDF

The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) issued a statement on Saturday accusing the Syrian Interim Government of violating an internationally brokered agreement concerning the towns of Dayr Hafir and Maskanah, east of Aleppo.

The SDF said in a statement that based on the internationally sponsored agreement, it was agreed that the Damascus government forces would enter the towns of Dayr Hafir and Maskanah, east of Aleppo, after our forces completed their withdrawal. 

"However, Damascus violated the terms of the agreement and entered the towns before our fighters had fully withdrawn, creating a highly dangerous situation with potentially serious repercussions," the statement added. "Therefore, we call upon the international powers sponsoring the agreement to intervene urgently to ensure its implementation and prevent further escalation."

SDF Commander-in-Chief Mazloum Abdi said in a statement late on Friday: "Based on calls from friendly countries and mediators, and in our show of good faith in completing the integration process and adhering to the terms of the March 10th agreement, we have decided to withdraw our forces tomorrow at 7:00 AM."

He added: "Our forces will withdraw from the current front lines east of Aleppo, which have been under attack for two days, and redeploy to areas east of the Euphrates."

The move comes after fierce clashes that broke out last week in the northern city of Aleppo, leaving dozens dead, according to Syria's health ministry, and forced more than 150,000 to flee the two Kurdish-run pockets of the city.



PUKMEDIA

see more

Most read

The News in your pocket

Download

Logo Application

Play Store App Store Logo
The News In Your Pocket