Senior ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Raid Backed by Iraqi Intelligence
Iraq 11:02 PM - 2025-07-25
AFP
U.S. warplane.
Iraq’s Counter-Terrorism Service (CTS) announced on Friday, 25 July 2025, the killing of a senior leader of the Islamic State (ISIS) terrorist organisation, along with two of his associates, in a targeted U.S. operation in Aleppo Governorate, northern Syria. The raid was conducted based on intelligence provided by the CTS and the result of coordinated security efforts.
In a statement received by PUKMEDIA, the CTS said: “Based on information and the intensive security and intelligence efforts of the heroes of the CTS, international coalition forces carried out an airdrop operation deep inside Syrian territory, specifically in Aleppo Governorate. The operation resulted in the killing of one of the most dangerous leaders of the ISIS terrorist gangs, along with two of his companions.”
The statement identified the militant as a former “Wali of the Euphrates Province and member of the Delegated Committee” within ISIS, who was serving as the so-called “Wali of Goodness and Blessing” – a senior role within the terrorist organisation.
The CTS added that the target was considered “a top, active, and very effective target” and had been eliminated on the basis of judicial arrest warrants issued by a CTS judge.
The service affirmed its continued commitment to tracking down the remnants of terrorist networks, both within Iraq and beyond its borders: “Our security forces and their intelligence efforts continue their strategic missions to pursue the remnants of terrorist groups, both within national borders and within the depths of external threats.”
The U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) confirmed the operation earlier in the day, stating:
"Early this morning in al-Bab, Aleppo Governate, Syria, CENTCOM Forces conducted a raid resulting in the death of senior ISIS Leader, Dhiya’ Zawba Muslih al-Hardani, and his two adult ISIS-affiliated sons, Abdallah Dhiya al-Hardani and Abd al-Rahman Dhiya Zawba al-Hardani," the CENTCOM said in a statement.
"These ISIS individuals posed a threat to US and Coalition Forces, as well as the new Syrian Government. Three women and three children were also on the target and were unharmed."
“We will continue to relentlessly pursue ISIS terrorists wherever they are. ISIS terrorists are not safe where they sleep, where they operate, and where they hide. Alongside our partners and allies, U.S. Central Command is committed to the enduring defeat of ISIS terrorists that threaten the region, our allies, and our homeland,” said Gen. Michael Erik Kurilla, U.S. Central Command Commander.
PUKMEDIA
More news
-
European Parliament Member Calls for Continued Humanitarian Aid to Rojava
01:55 PM - 2026-02-21 -
CDO, Sulaymaniyah University Delegation Conclude Field Visit to Historic Shu’aibiya Monument in Basra
11:53 AM - 2026-02-21 -
North Oil Company Says Kirkuk Gas Compression Station Fire Under Control
10:26 AM - 2026-02-21 -
U.S. President to Visit China Amid Supreme Court Tariff Ruling
09:31 AM - 2026-02-21
see more
P.U.K 01:32 PM - 2026-02-21 PUK President: We Promise to Work to Strengthen the Kurdish Language in Every Sphere
Deputy PM: Our Mission has Shifted from Preserving Kurdish Language to Developing It
11:28 AM - 2026-02-21
International Mother Language Day Highlights Urgent Need to Protect Linguistic Diversity
09:56 AM - 2026-02-21
Fahmi Burhan: District Status Change of Jalawla Is Unconstitutional
10:34 PM - 2026-02-20
PUK's Saadi Ahmed Pire Meets Swedish Left Party Delegation in Erbil
08:02 PM - 2026-02-20
Most read
-
The Battle for the Mind: Cultural Independence in a Changing Middle East
Opinions 12:10 PM - 2026-02-20 -
Kremlin Says Russia–Japan Relations “Reduced to Zero” Amid Territorial Dispute
World 02:05 PM - 2026-02-20 -
Only One Bakery Can Operate As Kobani Siege Continues
Kurdistan 05:05 PM - 2026-02-20 -
U.S. Pays $160 Million of More Than $4 Billion Owed to UN
World 11:03 AM - 2026-02-20 -
U.S. President Directs Government to Prepare Release of Aliens and UFOs Files
World 12:20 PM - 2026-02-20 -
PUK's Saadi Ahmed Pire Meets Swedish Left Party Delegation in Erbil
P.U.K 08:02 PM - 2026-02-20 -
Fahmi Burhan: District Status Change of Jalawla Is Unconstitutional
Kurdistan 10:34 PM - 2026-02-20 -
UK Foreign Secretary to Meet Rubio Amid Renewed U.S. Criticism Over Chagos Deal
World 05:42 PM - 2026-02-20





.jpg)
Application

